Pastor Jacqueline Kay Duhart is a San Francisco East Bay based Spiritual Director (pronouns, she and they). In a world that hungers for justice, respect and mercy, Pastor Duhart seeks to provide guidance to individuals and groups as they explore life purpose, their deepest truth(s), and nurture an authentic relationship with the sacred ground of their being which goes by many names and no name.
What is Spiritual Direction?
Spiritual Direction is an ancient practice of accompaniment and “companioning”. My role is to serve as a sacred mirror, as a witness and companion on your spiritual journey or journeys. I draw on my decades of professional social work and spiritual leadership to guide and support your unfolding process. Tenderly, I reflect back what I see and hear as a way to draw out your innate inner wisdom. When appropriate, I offer “spirit” informed questions/reflections, share resources, and make referrals.
Who Seeks a Spiritual Director?
You do! Spiritual Direction is for anyone and everyone regardless of how you identify. Spiritual Direction is for you whether you attend a church, mosque, synagogue, temple or none of these. Spiritual Direction is a useful tool at any time in one’s life; especially when one is wrestling with the complex and sometimes dizzying questions like:
What is the purpose of life?
What is MY purpose in life?
How am I being invited to serve/engage this life ?
Why did that happen to me, like that?
What is LOVE?
What are the Benefits of
Unveil/nurture a relationship with that which is called by many names and no name
Unveil/nurture your inner life
Invite a companion to see, hear and hold you on your sacred journeys
Discern your life’s purpose: how you are called to serve
Celebrate your joys/
heal your spiritual woundedness
Weddings • Celebration of Life Services
Child Dedications • Baby Namings
Who is Pastor Duhart?
- Graduate of Interfaith Chaplaincy Institute with a Spiritual Direction Certificate (Berkeley, California)
- Graduate of Starr King School for the Ministry with M.Div. (Berkeley, California)
- Semi-retired Unitarian Universalist Minister who served for ten years in an urban church (Oakland, California)
- Volunteer Chaplain for 8 years at Federal Correction Institute (facility for women) (Dublin, California)
- Retired (21 years), from United States Air Force as master level clinical social worker. Served in Gulf War
- Social activist, who moves humbly and seeks justice
- Mother, committed partner for 29 years, avid gardener, faithful authentic movement practitioner, and lover of gospel music, art, hiking, travel, dance, humanity and all forms of prayer